Wednesday 10 June 2009

More Supernatural Cake-age

So following the Metallicake's success (but not triumph, I didn't win the contest), I wanted to do something else with a Supernatural theme, but that was going to be a little less time consuming, and a lot less nerve wracking.

In late season 3 of the show, The Winchester Brothers revealed some rather nifty little anti-demonic possession tattoos.

Now, I know you can't really see them very well in that picture, which is another great reason for you to go watch the show if you haven't already, but I decided it would look really cool on a cake.

Cutting the template for the damn thing was a pain in the behind, the pentagram bit in the middle is rather intricate, but I managed, and after that it was quite easy.





I rolled the black icing out between two sheets of cling film so it didn't stick to the board/rolling pin. When I flipped it over on to the cake I noticed that the cling film had wrinkled a bit under the icing, but it had created a rather funky effect on the icing, so rather than smooth it out, I left it. There's a close up here so you can see the wrinkles.

2 comments:

  1. ohmygod, this is absolutely AMAZING.
    i love it. really. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. It's amazing what you can do with that sigil...I knitted it onto a tote bag! :-)

    ReplyDelete