Sunday 14 February 2010

My first repeat customer

Way back when I first started decorating, I made that Second Supernatural themed cake and one of my friends saw the pictures and asked me to replicate it for her birthday.

I happily did so, and she was thrilled with the result.

Not long after that, I was chatting with her on MSN, and the subject of her children's birthdays came up. It was just passed her eldest son's birthday, but she asked if I could do a Ben10 Omnitrix for her younger boy for early February.

Things got a bit tense, as the week before the cake was due I was invited to an assessment centre for a potentially huge promotion, so I had to prepare for that at the same time as making the cake. I wasn't as thrilled with it as I could have been, but the birthday boy loved it, as you can see from this.


I delivered the cake in person as I was closeby for my assessment, and one of Teresa's friend came over, she saw the cake, and as a result has commissioned me to make cakes for her three children later on this year. Things are going from strength to strength, and I'm thrilled. I keep practicing whenever I can, trying out new techniques, and looking for hints and tips wherever I can find them.

So thanks Teresa for believing in my skills, and letting me make your family's celebration cakes.

3 comments:

  1. Yay the cake was a huge success.
    Everyone loved it, and i am so pleased you managed to fit in making and the work you had to do at the same time.
    Thank you and i will be ordering more when its my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me make them. It's so great to have the chance to try out new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love your blog! xxxx Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete