Monday 7 September 2009

It's been a while...

No, I haven't given up if any of you are still reading this...

This weekend just past I had a trial run at a cake I'm going to be making for another convention, this one taking place at Halloween. I wanted the cake to be a red velvet cake, and sice I had never made one of those before I gave it a go. The cake was a success, the decorating even more so. However, I'm keeping pictures under wraps until nearer the time, cos I don't want to give too much away to the people who are going to be eating it.

I also got my first, proper, confirmed commission today. I've been asked to make a 60th birthday cake for a lady for next weekend. I've been given pretty much free rein on the decorating too. They've asked for a piped Happy Birthday message, and told me she likes flowers, that's it! So to celebrate, and also to practice, I bought 3 sets of flower petal cutters and I'm off to practice with them. Expect lots of pictures by the weekend as my flower making progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment