Saturday 3 September 2011

A Lesson Learned


Remember this?

Well the lady in question got back in touch via twitter to say that her holiday was a go again as she had found someone to care for her pets. It was very short notice but I accepted the challenge and got started on the figures for her cupcakes. She had asked me for a dozen CSI: New York themed cupcakes and I had some great ideas. Tying into the American theme, and her love of summer fruits, I found a recipe for Red, White and Blueberry cupcakes that I decided to use.

As I was making the models I asked the client to get in touch as delivery was going to be very time sensitive, she was passing through a nearby train station on her way to London and we had agreed that I would deliver the cakes to her there. As time went on I got a little worried as I hadn't heard anything from her.



To cut a long story short the client didn't get in touch, and I learnt a valuable lesson. Taking an order over the internet, get payment up front.



Still, I got some more practice with figure modelling, and I think the finished result was extra cute. The other half and I are certainly enjoying eating them now too!







No comments:

Post a Comment